The Telemarketing is the widely and commonly used method to contact the targeted customers. There are some of the important rules also that regulates the telemarketing and for which companies are responsible to follow and learn. Basically, it is the common form of the marketing companies which uses it for connecting with the targeted customers of product & services. In earlier time, the telemarketing consisted of the companies for making the telephone calls to all existing or to the targeted customers. With new advancement, the telemarketing expanded to include the video conferencing call even, although they are conducted typically with the existing clients only.
Telemarketing is used often for trying to sell product and service. Sometimes it also takes form of the survey or for any type of information gathering. For example, the political campaigns make use of telemarketing heavily before the elections for inquiring about the voting choice of common public. When the companies make a call to new customers, this type of activity is known as the cold calling. This also means that customer has not yet purchased anything from company before or they have requested call from the same company. There are several companies that purchase the list of targeted customers for calling from the particular list services that offers consumer list who share the same interest or have the purchase histories that fit company’s targeted market.
Who make use of Telemarketing?
Different industries which rely completely on the Telemarketing are home security system, cable & internet services, financial services, charitable organizations, time share and vacation. It helps wide number of organizations for achieving the improved results in lot number of ways. Though most obvious form of the telemarketing includes the company calls for individuals at home for pitching the products, it is also termed as significant strategy in the business to business sales, the event promotion, lead generation, political campaign or lead generation for the sophisticated sale procedure. Some of the people that make use of Telemarketing are as,
- Market makers: sometimes the people don’t attempt for making sale over the phone, they make a call just to collect the contact info and for determining the client interest in their services, for generating stronger leads for senior team of sales
- The companies that wish for promoting the event also appeals to specific demographic might even make use of the telemarketing for reaching the targeted participants. For example, any company which organizes the education conference for the dentist can also use telemarketing for contacting large number of the dental practices for raising awareness about upcoming conferences and also to encourage dentists for attending their events.
- The political campaign make use of the Telemarketing on large scale for raising the funds and even for convincing people for voting for campaign’s cause or candidate. The large scale campaigns like those of the presidential election tend to make use of the automated system for reaching higher number of the people possibly. the local campaign for the positions as congressional representative, mayor or even for the local ballot measure, they employ often the telephone representatives. The similar methods are used for the non-profit organizations or universities which wish for raising funds or to increase the participation.
Opportunity for both customer and business
At present, many of the industry experts make use of the Telemarketing for incorporating all their activities which make use of telephone for connecting with the targeted customers. This also include making the clients aware of any product or services, canvassing the established clients, generating the opportunities or leads, proffering information, selling product or service to existing or new customer, conducting the market research and more. if you will have a look at the definition of telemarketing, you will find that it is a type of service which generates the interest, creates well the opportunities, offers the information, factors customer feedback, makes the appointment and produces the lead through telephone.
What telemarketing can do for you?
The Telemarketing is the one which creates the prospects and even let people know about what you have to offer them & offer opportunity to both business and customer for finding out more about one other. There are various things which it can do that includes as,
- It takes both time & cost out of finding the new customers or to generate interest in the brand, product or the service for taking information directly to customer
- It identifies the excellent targeted leads for own sales team for closing
- Create reliable source of the data for telesales team, rather buying data
- The good campaigns also create the great campaigns for telesales
- The excellent telemarketers also remove need for long periods of the cold calling for sales team
- Reduces the training cost too as there is a different skill which is involved & the distinct manners are also required
- It presents the brand professional, product and services for all potential customers
- Creates canvas for the existing customer for revealing the buying trends and creates new business for potential clients
- The inbound calling through telemarketing offers opportunity of customer service which can later get converted into lead sales or generation
- The inbound team can also staff well the information lines, turns all simple request for the info into solid lead of sales.
- The outbound calling also offers the market research activity which can even produce well the leads
- This also helps in revealing the low hanging fruit, which is the term that is used for the customers that are prepared already for purchasing product or service and don’t need much of persuasion.
- This also helps in providing stream of the appointment based on the customers that are looking out for the preciseness, what you are offering
- It even offers the customer satisfaction and even exceeds need of the customers.
The telemarketing is one which also allows for managing well the outgoing calls so that the call centers can easily manage hundred numbers of leads and calls. Prospect with their solution online, some of the software for the same is also available that can be accessible 24×7 with simple internet connection. The companies also make their money by easily soliciting the targeted customers through mail, phone or email. While some of the corporations employs the phone operators for legitimately being in touch with targeted customers. The schemes of written communication also instruct the targeted customer for calling on given phone number or to hear about so called special offers or deals.
Scheme of telemarketing
If you get any telephone call, email or letter from the individual or organization with which you are not familiar or have done business with, it can be a telemarketing scheme. For verifying legitimacy of call, you can ask for person’s name, company name or the call back number. The unscrupulous caller unlikely offers this information. The other feature of telemarketing scheme is also that the callers are over friendly, even calling victim by the name or the inferring prior interaction. The common scenario is also the one in which telemarketer states that they are calling for request that match the donation from the last year for giving in charity.
The goal of these schemes is also for making the person believe that they are speaking to the representative or organization, whom she supported in past. The popular scheme is also that in which the recipient tells that she has won contest or prize and must offer credit card number for covering the cost of handling, shipping or cost of the taxes. This one practice is also against law and must be reported to federal bureau of the investigation or state office of attorney general. Sometimes it also includes call which makes the hard selling or insinuates in which offer should be acted on immediate for being redeemed. The objective of the type of calling is making victim feel that they should take faster decision about offer or losing out on the special pricing.
If you will ask telemarketer for elaborating on name of company, the business or location license number & don’t get immediate response, it can be scheme. The legitimate companies also offer the targeted customers with all information. You must beware of all the companies that offer these details for meeting other scams as features. Ask for the time for verifying information before considering the offer. The caller refuses for sending information about offer in writing through mails or tells that there is no need for checking on company background with customer advocate agency which is likely perpetrating the telemarketing scheme.
Benefits of telemarketing
The telemarketing can be one of the effective tool for business and acts as effective and easy way for increasing the profits and promotes the product or services. the major benefit of making use of the telemarketing is also for promoting the business, which allows all for immediately gauging the customer level of the interest in product or service. Additionally, it allows all for providing the more interactive & person sales services. it creates the immediate rapport for all customers. This also helps to explain the technical issues in clear way and assist in generating lead & appointment.
The telemarketing also helps in selling from distance for increasing the sales territory. It helps to reach more numbers of the customers than with the in-person sale calls. They help in selling to both new customers and existing customers. It helps to achieve good results which are measurable. It remains as the indispensable tool for leading the generation at present, despite being as labeled as outdated marketing channels by some of the practitioners. Even with arrival of the social media & other marketing tools which are inbound this is a significant portion of the B2B marketers, as higher source of the high quality of the leads.
The marketing through telephone like any other channels of marketing requires the careful planning & the execution, if you take away such an essential component, and end up with bad campaign exactly as the social media & inbound marketing would fails without the proper planning. For ensuring the marketing campaign plan, it withstands challenges of present environment of marketing, to see that approach consist of following features. It is also purpose driven wherein the calling plan which is adopted by the in-house team or by choosing the professional service providers, so that one can have clear purpose for pursuing.
Today more than the ever, there are many persons that are involved in buying decision making processes. This is one highlight which need for focusing and specializing on different categories of the buyers, apart from decision makers on own. Entities as the influencers, the buyers, end users among the users are the important parts of purchasing process. At present, the customers & prospects control when, where, what and how the information gets delivered by the marketers. Because of it, the prospect centered campaigns make use of the content which the target contacts demand.
Marketing of B2B telephone
This is one of these fundamental shift in which marketing control from company to target audience and the marketing of B2B telephone must reflect the change. The product or service experience which you want, the prospect for realizing must be extended to cold calling efforts. The branding does not happen in other channels but takes place in phone lines too. Even if you are the one who is outsourcing the campaign to other company, it is good practice for insisting the brand which gets reflected in process. Having the static plan in dynamic environment is just as the lighting match in dynamite factor, which doesn’t make any sense.
The key is for having flexible plan for anticipating the probable scenarios for outlining set of the procedures for taking in such cases. The majority of the marketing campaigns at present are the projects which are multi-channels with at least two or three arms. So if you are planning to attract customers towards your product or service, then make use of the telemarketing from today.